Friday, October 11, 2013

Season 5 Premiere

Episode 1: “I Know What You Did Last Summer”




“Are you Jeremy Gilbert?” the stoutish sheriff at the door of the Salvatore mansion asked resolutely.
“Yeah, I am. Why? What’s the matter, sheriff?” Jeremy asked perplexed.
“You’re under arrest. We have a complaint against you. You’re charged with an attempt to kill your sister Elena by burning down your own home Besides, you’re also charged for the intake and supply of drugs and faking your own death-”, the sheriff couldn’t finish.
“Whoa, wait. Hold on. You can’t arrest me. There must have been something wrong. Who.. who filed the complaint against me, anyway?” Jeremy was taken aback by the present state of affairs after he sprang back to life by Bonnie’s spell. He looked at the sheriff and two other cops for an answer.
“I did, my little brother-”, Katherine spoke as she showed from behind the sheriff. Her brow raised and she stole a smile for her human countenance. She looked somehow weaker now but her manners had the same pride and confidence.
“Elena??? No, no, no this is not possible... Katherine!” Jeremy gasped silently.
The sheriff nodded at one of his fellow officer who quickly stepped forward and began putting cuffs in Jeremy’s hands.
“Officer, this is a mistake. I’m telling you. Listen to me, please...”, Jeremy fumbled.
“Mr. Jeremy Gilbert, you have the right to an attorney. Also you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say now could be used against you in the court of law-”




“Why are you doing this, Stefan? I thought you loved me-”, Elena asked the man sitting on a chair before her. It was Silas, Stefan’s doppelganger who she was mistaking for Stefan. Elena lay on the ground. Her hands cuffed to the strong iron chains of the old Lockwood cellar.
“Oh, you thought. That sounds fascinating. I believed after being sired to Damon, you left the thinking part on him-”, Stefan spoke with his emotionless tone.
“You’ve turned it off, haven’t you? Your humanity... You’ve flipped the switch. You... you did that because... because of me”, Elena’s eyes were wet with tears at the realisation.
“I am a horrible person, aren’t I? Look, what I did to you! Stefan, I love...-”.
“Damon. You love Damon. Don’t you think I know that? Also I know that you’re not in love with me anymore...  . But, you know what I don’t care, Elena... I should probably go to Damon and say, ‘Hi’... ”




Deep down in the quarry, Stefan, the real Stefan lay captive in the box. His body was weaker than ever. Starving for so long, he could not help himself out of the box even after repeated struggle. Even with his usual vampire strength. Silas made sure of that. Down at that remote island he had been lying and desiccating for over 2000 years until now. Now, his doppelganger is suffering from a similar agony. Was it true then? The fact that the doppelgangers enjoyed making their shadow selves’ lives miserable? Or Silas was playing one of his old tricks by appearing as Stefan? He had done it before with Bonnie, hadn't he???
For a couple of times, Stefan banged the coffin from inside but without much effect. The muffled thuds were only heard by the fishes that swam near him.




“When you first told me we were going on a world trip, I thought you meant only the good, touristy places. What are we doing in these anonymous woods, Rebekka?” said Matt as the two were making their way into the dense forest at night to find a place to camp.
“One of the miseries of being an immortal is that you have visited most parts of the world whether you want or not. We are ageless, humans aren’t. So we cannot stay or they’ll find out about us. Sooner or later, Elena, Damon, Stefan, Caroline and Tyler.... all your friends... will all have to leave Mystic Falls. I hope you’ve fancied this fact?” Rebekka explained. Matt stopped at the thought.
“Yes, Rebekka. I understand that. This is what you get when you make friends with Vampires-”, he smiled. Rebekka smiled back charmingly.
“This is it. I think we should camp here. It’s dark now. We’ll explore the woods further in the morning”, said she as she dropped her travelling gear. Matt nodded and started preparing for their temporary refuge.




“Caroline, the summer break’s almost over. I think you should really reconsider. I mean how long are you gonna wait for Elena and Bonnie to show up before you join college? They’ve called you so many times. Bonnie’s at her mother’s. Elena is moving all over the world with Damon just like Matt and Rebekka.  Come on, they all must have been enjoying their trips”, sheriff Forbes was talking to her daughter. They were seated side by side on Caroline’s bed at their residence.
“I know, mom. I just... I just want us three bffs to go together. To be together. Like we always have-”, replied Caroline.
“I know. I know how it feels, Caroline. But....”, she couldn’t finish as her cell phone crackled to life.
“We are not yet done. The conversation’s not over. I have to take this call”, the sheriff picked it up.
“Sheriff  Forbes?”
“Sheriff Forbes, this is Jeremy. I’m... there’s a problem. I need your help....”, said Jeremy from the other side of the phone. Caroline’s and the sheriff’s brows constricted as they heard Jeremy narrate his problem.




“Are you enjoying it here?” asked Rebekka as she was sleeping naked beside Matt under the canvas. Her head rested on his bare chest.
“You haven’t told me where is here exactly”, replied Matt.
“I have always been a keen learner as far as learning different cultures is concerned. This is the place where lived a tribe which worshipped Silas. Kol told me this once. He was very horrified at the idea of raising Silas, so he put an end to their entire race...”, she stopped at the memory of his fallen brother.
“You miss Kol, don’t you?”
“Yes. He was my brother, Matt. How could I not miss him?”
“Yeah, the brother who wanted to kill you with the white oak stake. Rebekka, Kol is gone for good-”, after an awkward pause he continued averting the topic,
" I must admit, Rebekka it was pretty brave of you to come here. After all, Silas is stronger than any of you Original Vampires. He even fooled Klaus once, didn't he? And-"Rebekka put her finger on his lips as she heard something. Next they noticed a shadow outside their tent.
“What was that?” he lipsed the words without sound. Before they could act, suddenly a number of small wooden arrows were fired. Some of which staked Rebekka in the heart and Matt in his stomach and chest. They fell unconscious. The arrows were laced with vervain.
Next, a gang of tribesmen barged into the tent. They were armed with bows and a quiver of wooden arrows.
“Vampyres-” one of them grumbled looking at others.




“Hello, anybody here? Grams, where are you?” Bonnie was all alone on the other side of the veil. She kept on walking. The other side looked like a dungeon to hold captives of certain kind. Bonnie was perplexed not knowing what to do. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder. A chill of horror ran past her entire body which was odd as she had no body now, only a soul. She was dead. She turned slowly.
“Bonnie, your grams isn’t here. But, I’m here. I’ll help you, guide you-”, said a young woman dressed in ancient robes. 
“Who are you?”
“I’m Qetsiyah...your ancestor. Welcome to this side of the veil-”, she smiled.

Read Episode 2: "True Lies"

1 comment:

  1. Really great.. I must say you did an awesome job of writing a completely new storyline rather your version of it.

    ReplyDelete