Monday, March 3, 2014

Episode 15: “Games Of Blackthorne”

Previously on the Vampires in my Diaries

Silas has taken the cure. Caroline has thrown a Valentine’s Day Ball party and a surprise birthday party for Bonnie at her home.
To everyone’s surprise, Damon and Elena call Qetsiyah and Silas to this party.
There is a new visitor in Mystic Falls- Prof. Nicholas Blackthorne. He somehow knows about the witches from Haiti. Sheriff Forbes is apprehensive of him.
Later we learn that Joshua Garfield was working for Prof. Blackthorne who is also a witch but he hates witches.

Who is Prof. Nicholas Blackthorne and why has he come to Mystic Falls?
What will happen when Silas and Qetsiyah meet after two thousand years?


To know more read: Episode 15: “Games Of Blackthorne”


Elena and Damon were dancing to the soft tune that was being played at the ball.
“Damon, do you think we did the right thing by not telling Stefan about this... about this Silas-Qetsiyah invitation? I mean we could have just-” Elena was getting cold-feet about Stefan’s reaction to her and Damon’s plan of bringing the two thousand year old love-birds together to seek their grudge on each other.
“Oh my dear Elena, you don’t have to worry about my baby brother. I’ll take care of him” replied Damon dropping a gentle kiss on Elena’s cheek.
Just then, Stefan and Caroline came in there.
“Damon”, began Stefan, “I’m guessing inviting Silas and Qetsiyah to the party was one of your diabolical plans??”
“Yup. I thought it was past time for this two thousand year old never-together couple to have their vengeance on each other without us getting in the middle of it all” replied Damon in his usual sadistic manner.
“Stefan, please understand what Damon is trying to say here. Don’t you think we’ve all suffered enough at the hands of Silas. Let’s not get caught up in the cross-fire between two of the most powerful witches of all times and end up losing something or someone that is dear to us-”
“I promised... we promised Silas that we’ll help him die a peaceful death. And by we, I mean I and Bonnie. Bonnie has promised Silas’ mother that she’ll do everything to prevent Silas die mercilessly at the hands of Qetsiyah. It’s not just about my word, Elena. It’s also about Bonnie’s. How do you think she would feel if she comes to know about what you two are up to??”  Stefan replied calmly looking into Elena’s eyes.



Bonnie and Jeremy stopped dancing as Bonnie caught the glimpse of Qetsiyah at the party.
“What is she doing here?” Bonnie was taken aback. Jeremy turned to look. They walked to Qetsiyah who was standing at the corner, pouring herself a drink of champagne from the table.
“How the hell did you get here?” Bonnie asked Qetsiyah.
“Oh, Bonnie... hello to you too! Now that’s a very rude way of talking to a guest like that... even for this modern century-”  
“You’re no guest, Qetsiyah. I don’t think anybody invited you”
 “Well, technically you are right. I invited myself but I had every reason to. I did a locator spell to find where Silas is. At first, I couldn’t find any clue. But then, suddenly this evening my spell began working. I followed it and here I am and look... there stands Silas. I am going to go greet him-” Qetsiyah began leaving but Bonnie held her hand.
“Qetsiyah, you will not do anything here. I don’t want innocent people get hurt while you two are settling your old scores”
“I do not want that either, Bonnie. Now, if you are done the lady has chores for the evening”, saying so Qetsiyah threw Bonnie’s hand away and swiftly moved through the crowd of passionately dancing and smiling couples.  



At midnight, the door bell sounded at Bonnie’s house. The mayor, Rudy Hopkins answered it.
“Hey Abby, such a pleasant surprise! Please come in-” Rudy invited Bonnie’s mother inside the house.
“I’m sorry, Rudy. I should have called you before coming”
“Oh, no, no. You’re always welcome here. You can come here any time you want. This is your home too. We built it together, remember?”
“Of course, I remember. Is Bonnie asleep??”
“Ah, no. She’s at Caroline’s actually. She threw Bonnie a little birthday party. But the party must be over, she must be on her way back home. You go upstairs. I’ll fetch your stuffs from the car”. Abby Bennett handed over her the car keys.
“Thanks, Rudy. Don’t tell Bonnie that I’m here when she comes. I wanna surprise her”
“Alright, I won’t tell her”, he smiled to which Abby smiled back.



Prof. Nicholas Blackthorne was addressing a group of people back in the hallway of his home. There were about a dozen people in the room. There were nine men all of whom had athletic built and two women who were also slim and fit.
“So this is your home??” one of the man with dark skin asked Nicholas.
“As a matter of fact, it is, Daniel-” he replied.
“You used to live here?? In Mystic Falls?” the boyish-looking man spoke this time.
“Yes, I used to. But that was a long time ago-”
There were murmurs inside the room. Nicholas waited for the voices to subside before he began speaking again.
“Brothers and sisters, we are not here tonight to discuss my past life at Mystic Falls... who I was. It’s more important for you to understand who I am now. I am one of you and we’re all here for the same reason. First of all, I want to thank you all for joining me. Many more will be joining us soon. Now... we’ve all lost someone to supernatural beings... to witches and their nasty spells, mutilated by vampires and werewolves. Now it’s time for a little payback”
After a pause, he continued,
“Mystic Falls has been home to witches for centuries now. It is infested with all the supernatural creatures- vampires, werewolves, doppelgangers and a special breed of vampire-werewolf mix, popularly known as hybrids. And for centuries now, the witches have been helping them survive, helping them thrive. Since the humans have failed in their attempt to save this town from them, we’re here for their redemption”
“And how are we supposed to do that, Prof. Blackthorne? We don’t even know how to differentiate the supernatural beings from humans of this town. They’ve blended so perfectly in the crowd. I mean, the vampires of this town, for instance, walk in broad daylight owing to their magical daylight rings. The werewolves are inexplicably immune to silver and hybrids, we haven’t come across anything of their kind ever in life. God knows how powerful they are! How does one fight them all at once??” said the other lady this time. She was a tall blonde, in her early thirties.
“Yes, Olivia. You have made a very good point. But the answer to that is we won’t fight them all at once. For years, these supernatural creatures have co-existed in Mystic Falls... and to my surprise, they’ve all lived in peace. I mean, Vampires and Werewolves... they are meant to loathe each other and witches are meant to kill them all or at least keep them in check but it seems that they have been failing in their tasks... the very task for which purpose they were incarnated. They have failed to keep the balance of nature. Now, it’s time they answered for their sins-”



At the Mystic Falls General Hospital, patient no- 1196, who had been laying unconsciousness for a very long time, woke up.
“Huh”, Katherine Pierce sprang back to life. She looked around. There was no one to be found. It was night and her room was dark. All the lights had been switched off.
“What happened to me?? How am I even alive??” she wondered.  She quietly got up from the bed, dressed herself in her old clothes which she found in the cabinet provided on the bedside table. Very carefully, she sneaked out of the hospital.



“Well, well. Isn’t this the man who broke my heart thousands of years ago??” Qetsiyah spoke sarcastically as she stood beside Silas who had been sipping wine from a glass.
“Qetsiyah!! Just the woman, I didn’t wish to see. What are you doing here??”
“Would you believe if I said I am here for you??” Qetsiyah smiled.
Just then, a group of eleven masked men barged into the hallway. They were armed with bows and arrows. One of them walked to the centre of the hall and shouted with all his might.
“Stop the music. And I need everyone to pay attention. We are not going to hurt you. We are the coven. I need two-“, the masked man stopped at the sight of Silas and Qetsiyah who had been taken by surprise at the sudden turn of events.
“There they are”, he spoke to himself.
He began chanting a spell aloud:

Phasmantos virra nas-as dilum
Phasmantos virra nas-as dilum

Soon, the other men from the coven joined him. For some time nothing happened, but soon Qetsiyah and Silas fell to their knees and minutes later they fell unconscious. The men stopped chanting the spell and before anyone could understand what was going on, the men took away Silas and Qetsiyah with them; two strongly built men carried the two witches on their shoulders.
  “What just happened??” said Caroline.
“I’m guessing our problem just got solved”, replied Damon.
“Or we’ve got some new problem to deal with”, guessed Stefan. Elena remained speechless. Bonnie and Jeremy couldn’t understand anything.



Back at her home, Abby Bennett took out a parcel from her bag. She undo the package and opened the wrap to find a small wooden box and a hand-written letter. She began re-reading the content of the letter:

Dear Ms. Bennett

I know I should be giving this to you in person. But, I couldn’t wait.

I will soon meet you. I hope you take it. The rest of us have decided against it. Trust me, we had our chances and we’re all better off without it J Besides, you deserve it more than anyone of us.

Hope to see you soon in Mystic Falls!

Elena Gilbert


Abby Bennett put down the letter and opened up the small wooden box. It contained the small glass-tube filled with cherry-colored liquid. It was the cure to immortality, the second sample that Queen Andrea had given to Bonnie and that was meant for Elena. Abby replaced the cure back in the box, and put the box and the letter in the chest of drawers of her bedside table. Switching off the lamp, she went off to sleep.





Back at his place, Prof. Nicholas Blackthorne was still briefing his guests.
“So what do you plan to do, Professor?? Have a witch’s trial like the one of 1692??” said a well-built bald man. He was in his mid-twenties; brown eyes and round face.
“Exactly. There’s going to be a witch’s trial. Only this time, it wouldn’t be the Church doing it. But the very people of this town under our vigilance”
“I’m sorry, Professor but you want us to be some kind of vigilantes?” said one of the man and couldn’t help smiling at the idea.
“Do you know my friend, that many years ago some vigilantes like you and me... like us... help build our nation... The United States Of America?? If they can build a new nation, can’t we re-build this town??”
“Wait! What do you mean by rebuilding this town??”  asked the bald.
“Oh, Samuel. Because soon, this city would be burning down in flames... like a witch’s pyre. With the monsters in it. You know in olden days, when humans wanted to build a village by clearing the woods, they used to burn down the entire forest. The fire scared away the wild animals which found themselves a new habitat... a new forest leaving behind the burnt woods for the humans to build their homes. We are going to do a similar thing with Mystic Falls. The only difference is that when these animals start running away, we’ll hunt them down for good and wipe out their bloodlines forever”
“But Professor”, spoke a dark lady with black curly hair, “fire may scare away and probably kill witches, vampires and werewolves... but last time I checked, fire killed humans too?? The witch’s trials of 1692 killed a lot of innocent humans, especially women and children. If the same is about to be repeated now, then I would want no part in it. I’m just wondering, Nick... All this time, you hadn’t been planning on redemption. You had been planning on a war. But I hope you know that every war has casualties”
“Kelly, you call them casualties?? I call them collateral damage. A war is coming and the humans brought it on themselves. They have been compromised to the very core of their heart. The personnel in the police department, the founding families in the council... two-faced men are everywhere. In fact, I happen to know some of them by their faces” He walked a few steps and picked up a thick file from the table. He opened it. The very first page of it had a picture of Sheriff Elizabeth Forbes along with her personal details-address, occupation, etcetera.
“As long as we’re punishing the culprits and killing the monsters, I’ll help you, Nick. But the moment I find that the damage is more than collateral, you would find me siding with those supernatural beings on this war. You better keep this in mind... because I happen to love humans and unlike you, I don’t loathe witches”, Kelly replied boldly looking straight into Nicholas’ eyes. While Nicholas continued with his briefing, she walked to the corner of the hall and stood near a photograph hanging on the wall. She started staring at a photograph and soon her eyes were wet with old memories.
“Oh, Shiela. Don’t you worry! Your young sister is back in town. I won’t let anything happen to Bonnie. Just like you taught me, I will always protect my own










2 comments:

  1. Two of the most powerful witches in the history of time were down by the spells...
    It sets the stage perfect for the exciting & thrilling finale...
    All the best TVMD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot... I'm glad you liked it, Rajendra. The Season Finale is going to be epic, I assure you that!! Till then, stay tuned and keep speculating! Take care :)

      Delete