Sunday, January 12, 2014

Episode 10: "Rendezvous WIth The Past- Part II"

So far on The Vampires
 In My Diaries



The human Katherine returns to Mystic Falls, posing as Elena, and sends Jeremy to prison under false charges. Though later, Jeremy is saved by Caroline and her mother Sheriff Elizabeth Forbes.

All are baffled by the disappearance of Elena and her hunt begins. Caroline asks Klaus to compel Katherine to get the truth out. But all that he gets to know is that Katherine had been working with some witches from Haiti and Lucy, Bonnie’s cousin. In return for Katherine’s help, they had promised her Silas-like immortality.

Katherine is also seen working with Silas for reasons still anonymous.

Elena has been held captive by Silas, while he continues to change appearances every now and then. Damon gets Stefan dug out of the quarry with the help of Sheriff Forbes and her officials.

While Xoro, the leader of the witch tribe from Haiti has the sole motive of lowering the veil to bring back Qetsiyah, Lucy has used this as an opportunity to find a way to bring Bonnie back and to keep her on the side of the living by giving her a permanent foothold.

Esther has sent a message to the other side regarding her visit once the veil is lowered.

Silas has offered a deal to Jeremy and the Salvatore brothers. He wants to talk to someone on the other side by taking Jeremy’s help. In return, he promises to give them Elena back. Despite Damon’s disapproval, Stefan and Jeremy accept the offer.

Silas takes Stefan and Jeremy to his witch friend Joanna’s place to keep his end of the deal- allowing Stefan a glance of Elena. Silas shows them the unconscious Katherine Pierce lying on a bed and fools them into believing that she is Elena Gilbert; the room’s under some spell cast by Joanna which forbids Stefan or Jeremy to get in.


Qetsiyah was narrating her two thousand year old story to Bonnie when she has a visitor from her past- Queen Andrea, Silas’ mother. Her very presence, shakes Qetsiyah from top to bottom.


Now read further: Episode 10: "Rendezvous WIth The Past- Part 2"

2000 YEARS AGO


King Demarcus was seated on his throne at the Palace of Alexandria. The court was filled with ministers, courtiers and guests from the nine realms that the King ruled. Sitting beside the King, were Queen Samyra on one side and Queen Aayesha on the other. Qetsiyah stood beside her mother holding the golden armrest of the throne.

“I know about you and Prince Silas, Qetsiyah”, Aayesha said to Qetsiyah in a whisper. Qetsiyah, taken aback by her mother’s directness, could only smile and blush in reply.

“I shall talk to your father and Queen Andrea about you two-“, the Queen promised her daughter. Just then the King stood up to address the courtiers and guests.

“Today is one of the most beautiful day of my life or it is about to be. A month ago, my daughter Moira caught some wild fever for reasons still anonymous. The learned and the Maesters had lost all hopes of curing her until the dear God answered our prayer in the form of Prince Silas-”, the King paused to give Silas a smile.

Silas was sitting among the guests beside his mother, Queen Andrea. He bowed a little in honor of the King.

“I must also mention that the Grand Maesters from all the nine realms had jointly made a prophecy about two fortnights ago. They said that Moira was going to die before the full moon tonight… That she would not live to see the moon reach it’s apex. But this prophecy is about to be wronged. Prince Silas and my younger daughter Qetsiyah had been working on a cure for the past fortnight and as I am told the cure has been made-”. King Demarcus paused to let the murmurs in the court die down.

“I have no words to express my gratitude toward Prince Silas for his unmatched wisdom and benign assistance in saving my daughter’s life. I am indebted to him forever-”

Also I would like to welcome Queen Andrea”, he continued, “the proud mother of Prince Silas who has made her gracious presence to the City of Alexandria upon Prince Silas’ request, especially to witness this historical event. I and the whole City of Alexandria welcome you, Queen Andrea-”. Queen Andrea bowed a little in reply.

“So Prince Silas, are you ready to wrong the prophecy?” The King asked Silas.
Silas stood up, walked to the centre of the court and bowed to the King in honor; to this the King smiled and nodded.

“The cure is ready to be served, my King. But if my King pleases, I would like to be the one who gets to serve Princess Moira with the cure-”

The word ‘serve’ raised a few eyebrows in the court, including that of Queen Andrea. There were a few murmurs which subsequently subsided as the King began to speak.

“I don’t see why that should be un-agreeable. You are always welcome for anything you ask, son”. Just then Queen Andrea stood up to speak.

“My King, my apologies for the intervention but I don’t think serving is a chore befitting the Prince of Rome. Such chores are best left for handmaidens and servants alone”, she said sarcastically.

Silas was shocked at his mother’s interpretation of his request.

“Mother, serving an ill is also considered to be serving God. Would you not agree??” Silas defended himself. This statement hurt Andrea’s prestige even more.

“Silas, I see you have lost your sense of distinguishing between service of God and service of human. I shall not stop you. You are old enough to be making your own decisions but I will share no part in it. My King, I would like to leave for Rome at the break of the dawn, the next day. My son, however, may choose to stay here for so long as he may please-”. Saying so Queen Andrea left the court in rage.




Silas entered the guest room of the Palace of Alexandria. He saw his mother standing at the window, gazing outside at the beautiful gardens, lost in thought.

“Mother-”, he called.

“What is it now Silas?  You have got what you wanted, have you not?”

“Mother, I didn’t mean to hurt your prestige… our prestige. Not for once, I thought-” he couldn’t complete as Andrea intercepted him.

“But you did it anyway. You love her, don’t you? That human… Princess Moira??”

“Mother, I was about to-”

“Do you or do you not?” Andrea was now looking straight into her son’s eyes.

“Yes, I do”.

“And have you for once thought about its consequences? Have you forgotten that
you are a True Blood? Marrying a human would change your entire bloodline. Did you ever give that a thought??”

“Mother, Moira is no ordinary human either. She is stronger… braver than most. She has been fighting death for the last one month and not for once did she give up hope-”

“But that does not change what she is, does it? A human… and we are Witches… the purest of all races… the most powerful of al breeds… We’re True Blood and you want to change all that for just one girl? God, she is no witch but she seems to have cast some spell on you. I would rather have Princess Qetsiyah marry you than to see you around Moira. Not a True Blood though, but Qetsiyah is at least a Witch-”

“Qetsiyah?? Mother, no… but I love Moira??”

“I am sorry son but your love stands nowhere close to the prestige  and honor of our race. I would never allow that-”

Qetsiyah had been silently listening to the mother-son conversation from outside the room. She hid behind the walls to remain unnoticed. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. Without a word, she left.

“Mother, there’s one thing you should know. I couldn’t save Moira through any ordinary spell or herbs. She was doomed to die. So in order to save her she needed to cheat death-”

“Silas, what did you do?”
“That was the only cure I could think of to keep her alive. But in order to be test if the cure was working and that it was absolutely harmless, I had to try it on myself first”

“No, you didn’t-”

“Yes, mother… I did. And I am no longer a witch now. I am no longer a True Blood-”

“No, no, no… this cannot be true. Tell me you are lying… Silas, what have you done?? I shall never forgive you for this…” Her eyes had turned red; hot tears streamed down her cheeks.



“So you pissed off your mom because you were in love with a human?? That’s… weirdo”, said Jeremy. Silas, still posing as Stefan, and Jeremy were sitting on the bed in a bedroom at Joanna’s mansion.

“Yes. Probably more than pissed-”, agreed Silas.

Stefan was in the same room, standing near the window listening to Silas’ story. This tale made him recall his own story- how his father estranged him after he turned into a vampire. In fact, his father was the one who put a bullet into him and Damon while they were trying to rescue Katherine Pierce way back in 1864.

For a second time in the same day, Stefan felt that Silas, though not his doppelganger wasn’t very unlike him.

“Okay”, said Jeremy, “I’d need something to connect to your mother Queen Andrea. Silas, do you have something that belonged to her??”

“I don’t think I have anything that belongs to her. It’s been two thousand years, hunter. You would understand, it’s been a long time. By the way, could you not use me somehow?”

“I could try but can’t promise anything-”, replied Jeremy.

“But Silas, if your mother hates you, why would she come to pay you a visit here?? Why would she help you now when she hasn’t cared a damn about you for two thousand years?? ”

“Because now I am ready to do what she always wanted for me- take the cure, become a witch again and then die to find peace on the other side with Moira”, answered Silas.

“But the cure to immortality is gone. Katherine ingested it-”, reminded Jeremy.

“There is something that you guys need to know. The cure to immortality was made by my mother and Qetsiyah together. They could make it again or my mother could find a way to recover the cure from Katherine’s body-”

“I see now why you were working with Katherine all this time. You want to use her to find a way to recover the cure. But, I’m pretty sure that Katherine doesn’t know about this. Well, what did you offer her as a part of the deal between the two of you??” asked Stefan.

“The one thing she needed the most. Protection. Against her enemies in Mystic Falls-”.

Just then to everyone's utmost surprise, Damon showed up in the room and Silas was taken by surprise. Damon grabbed Silas’ throat and tossed him in the air. Silas collided against the wall and crash-landed on the wooden floor.

“So you played the one girl who has played most of us… bravo!! Now, you weren’t expecting me here, were you??” Damon spoke in his usual charming accent.




“Rebecca, wake up… Rebecca-” Matt Donovan was trying to wake Rebecca Mikaelson who had been unconscious for some time now as she had not had a taste of blood ever since she and Matt had been taken captives by the tribal witch community in the woods of Haiti.

“Aghhhh… ughhhh…”, she groaned as she eventually gained consciousness.

“Becca, they’re gone… the tribesmen. Listen to me, I got an idea…”, said Matt in a low tone.

“Ah, what?? What idea?? What are you talking about??”

“Rebecca, you can save us both. You’re weak now because you haven’t fed for days and you were given several doses of vervain. But what if you get enough blood to bring back your strength?? Don’t you think you could break these chains?”

“Yes, Matt. I think I can... But how do I feed?”

“Feed on me”

“What?? Matt, have you gone crazy?? No way… so this was your idea??”

“Yes, Rebecca. Feed on me. I’ve done it before with Elena. I’ll be fine.Think about it. What other option are we left with?”

“But, Matt-“

“Just do it, Rebecca. We’re losing time. Xoro and the tribesmen might return any minute”. After long denial, finally Rebecca agreed upon the idea.

Matt wriggled to move a little closer to Rebecca and offered his neck. Rebecca began feeding slowly at first, savoring every drop as each drop count. Soon she lost control and succumbed to her hunger.

“Aghhhh…”, Matt cried of pain.

“Rebecca stop.. Stop now-”, he protested but she couldn’t stop. Matt was fast losing his consciousness due to the blood loss.

“Rebecca-”, he cried one last time. She stopped just in time to prevent Matt from falling unconscious. Matt, though conscious, felt dizzy.

Rebecca wiped the blood off her mouth. Next, she tore out a piece of her dress to wrap around his neck so as to check the blood flow.

“Matt, are you alright? I almost killed you”, she asked desperately.

“Yeah, yeah… I’m… I’m fine. Did you have enough??”

“I don’t know-”

Just then, they heard some footsteps approaching. Half a dozen absolute strangers walked in and stood before them.

“Now, who the hell are you people??” Rebecca asked them. A stout, bald man stepped forward.

“Rebecca Mikaelson, I’m Joshua Garfield. We’re friends of your mother’s. Esther had sent us a message from the other side. She will soon visit you-”, said the bald man.

“What is this supposed to mean?” asked Rebecca puzzled by his words.

“Esther wants to come over to this side when the veil goes down tomorrow night. As the madmen from Haiti are taking care of the difficult part… I mean lowering the veil part, we are only left with invoking your mother’s spirit to this side like they are going to do with Qetsiyah. And Esther will walk right through-”, saying so Joshua smiled.

“What the hell’s wrong with you witches. Aren’t you supposed to restore the balance of nature?”

“That’s all we’re trying to do here- restoring the balance…

2 comments:

  1. Damn this cliffhanger!!! Bro, post 2 episodes every time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ritesh, TVD is popular for its unexpected twists and this cliffhanging thing... So every time I try to recreate the same thrill and excitement... You won't have to wait long for Episode- 11, it comes this Thursday, January 16, 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete