Sunday, January 19, 2014

Episode 11: "Two Thousand Years Of Revenge"

Previously On The Vampires In My Diaries



Silas is also narrating his love story to Stefan and Jeremy. He explains how he took the cure in order to test it and turned immortal. He ceased to be a witch, a True Blood and this revelation agitated his mother, Queen Andrea.

Damon’s un-notified visit to Joanna’s place has surprised Silas, Jeremy and Stefan.

Back in the Lockwood cellar, Rebecca feeds on Matt. But, before they could escape, a man named Joshua Garfield accompanied by five other men ruin their plan. They say that they are going to help Rebecca's mother, Esther, visit the side of the living by taking advantage of Xoro and Lucy’s spell. The veil is to be lowered on the next day once the moon reaches its apex.

What is this cure that Qetsiyah and Silas have prepared??

Will Damon’s arrival stir everything??

Will Joshua Garfield and his men kill Rebecca and Matt??



To know what happens next, read further- Episode 11: “Two Thousand Years Of Revenge”


Bonnie was caught up in the midst of a heated conversation between Qetsiyah and Queen Andrea.

“Why don’t you tell me why you’re here, Queen Andrea??” asked Qetsiyah.

“I want to come to terms with you, Qetsiyah. Two thousand years has been quite a long time. You should give it a rest, do you not agree?” replied Andrea.

“Indeed… two thousand years has been a very long time. I have waited for two thousand years to watch Silas kill himself or to get an opportunity to kill him myself. It has been no less than an eternity for me-”

“I don’t think I like your choice of words. Do I have to remind you that I am still more powerful than you, Qetsiyah?”

“And do I have to remind you that it was you who helped me put Silas in that tomb two thousand years ago? What has arisen this sudden motherly emotions in you, if I may ask?”

“You wouldn’t know even if I tell you. Because you have never known what love is. All you have known is vengeance-”

“Silas took everything from me- my home, my family. I cannot forgive him for what he did. And I cannot believe you are saying this?? What kind of mother puts his only son inside a tomb to desiccate??” Qetsiyah spoke sarcastically.

“And what kind of sister takes her only sister’s life??” retorted Andrea.


2000 Years Ago


A bright moon was shining in the sky. Qetiyah walked into Moira’s room. Qetsiyah’s eyes were swollen from crying and tears still filled the core of her eyes. She found Moira was cutting an apple with a giant sharp knife. Moira now looked perfectly well. It was as if the wild fever or any illness had never touched her. The two sisters were like mirror-reflections of one another, only Moira looked a bit older than Qetsiyah, both girls were exquisite beauties. Startled by Qetsiyah’s un-notified presence, Moira lost her focus and she cut her left palm with the giant knife.

“Arghhh…”, Moira cried of pain. It was a deep-cut; blood started flowing instantly until suddenly the wound started healing on its own. At first, the flesh healed, next a new layer of skin covered the cut. Within moments, the wound was completely healed like there was never a cut on her palm.

“What’s happening??” Moira was surprised by her wound’s recovery.

“Qetsiyah, was it you?? Did you just do something??” she asked curiously.

“No, I.. I did not… How did it happen??” Qetsiyah was taken aback by the miracle too. Moira, fascinated by the healing, made a cut on her palm a second time; only this time it was done deliberately. Within moments, the wound healed again.

“This is like some miracle. Do you think I have become a witch of some kind, Qetsiyah??” She asked curiously.

“No, Moira. Witches’ wounds do not heal on their own. It… it is something else. Well… how do you feel now?”

“I feel… I don’t know… different than usual. The fever has broken. My wounds… are healing on their own. I must say I have never been better. Do you think it is because of the cure you and Prince Silas prepared for me???” Qetsiyah was shocked at the question. But Moira was yet to take the cure, she thought.

“But you have not had the cure as yet? How could..”, Qetsiyah couldn’t finish as Moira interrupted her.

“Oh, I had had the cure last night. Prince Silas never told you that?? He came to me with the cure last night and insisted that I should take it that very moment-” Moira confessed innocently. But this revelation was a literally a blow for Qetsiyah, like someone had slapped her really hard. Suddenly, she was enveloped in a circle of all the worse feelings at the same time- rage, self-pity, humiliation, and hatred and heart-break.

“He served you the cure already?? Then why did he lie to all of us at the court this evening? Why did he put up that entire act?? Oh, I understand it all now. Prince Silas is a traitor and a liar-” Qetsiyah’s rage knew no bounds. She lost her self to her anger.

“Watch your words, Qetsiyah. Prince Silas saved my life-”, defended Moira.

“Yes, but do you know why??”

“Yes. Because he is an honouranle man-”

“No, Moira. Because he is in love with you. He loves you… he chose you over me. All this time, he and I had been working together… all his gentle words, his little talk with me… it was all a deception-”

Qetsiyah was now hysterical. She was blabbing without having any control over her thoughts or words. Just then, Silas made his way into the room.

“What is wrong?? What happened??” he was perplexed.

Qetsiyah turned to look at him. Her eyes had turned red and tears were making their way down her cheeks.

“Silas, you betrayed me. You betrayed my trust??” Qetsiyah blamed him.

“What?? How?? Qetsiyah, you have me wronged. Calm down-”

“No, I will not calm down. You lied to each one of us at the court today… you lied to my father, the King and you lied to your own beloved mother”

“I loved you…”, Qetsiyah went on, “…more than anything or anyone ever. And you… you had me wronged. All this time, you have hidden your emotions for her… Once… at least for once had you shared….”, she couldn’t finish as Silas cut her in.

“I was scared to share my feelings with anyone, Qetsiyah. I did not know it was the right thing to do. And not until I was assured that Moira would live-”. Moira was baffled by all the revelations, she was in a shock. She summoned all her strength to put just one question to Silas.

“What is this cure, prince Silas??” Moira asked him.

“Moira, allow me to-”

“Answer me, what is this cure???” she shouted. Just then, Andrea arrived in there but she chose to stand just outside the room to watch the sudden turn of events. She thought best not to intervene.

“The cure..”, began Silas, “it was bound by a spell of immortality. This was the only way you could cheat death... we could cheat death. Moira, you and I are immortal now-”

“Why did you not tell me what this cure was when I asked you last night?? Why did you withhold the truth from me??”

“I thought it best to keep it from you for the moment should you have chosen not to take the cure at all?? Moira, I am in love with you and now we could spend an eternity together-”

“Silas, I love you too. But I don’t want this immortality of guilt and shame… of cheating my own sister. So I decide against it. Qetsiyah, you once told me that nothing on this earth can be truly immortal. Any beast, if beheaded is doomed to die. Isn’t that true??” Qetsiyah nodded in agreement but she failed to understand the context of Moira’s words. And before she or Silas could realize, Moira violently slits her own throat with the sharp knife.

“Moira, no-”, Qetsiayh and Silas cried together. But it was too late. Her head fell off on the ground, followed by her lifeless body.

There was a mourning silence all around. Silas, Qetsiyah and Andrea were all shocked at the nasty turn of events. Silas was heart-broken. He blamed Qetsiyah for what happened while Qetsiyah blamed him; Andea blamed them both.
The moon now slowly reached its apex and the sky and the earth was lit by its brightness. Never before had the moon shone so brightly but it could not wither away the darkness that had crept into the lives of Qetsiyah or Silas or their families. The prophecy of the grand Maesters was true after all; Moira couldn’t live to see the moon reach its apex.



“How the hell did you find out where we are?” Stefan asked Damon surprised by his un-notified visit.

“About that… I might have done some scientific joojoo…”, answered Damon. But Jeremy and Stefan were still exchanging puzzled looks as they had not the slightest idea about what Damon was trying to say. Damon, on noticing the blank looks on their faces, came to their rescue,

“Well… Stefan, before you left for a little road trip with Silas, I activated the GPS tracker on my phone and slid it into your pocket. Brother, check it out it must still be there in your… err.. left pocket-”. Stefan checked his pocket and found the phone was in there. He gave it back to Damon

“See…”, continued Damon in his charming voice, “GPS tracker slash Modern-day Locator Spell… always a charm-”

“Okay… but how did you get in?”” asked Jeremy.

“You mean if I was invited in?? I wasn’t. I’m sorry, Silas but the lady friend of yours… she’s dead. I ate her. Man, but lemme tell you she was delicious”. The news of Joanna’s death agitated Silas beyond measure. His pallid face turned red and his blue eyes sparkled with rage. He, at once, attacked Damon, grabbing him by his throat.

“Stefan, Jeremy… the deal is off. And now, I am going to kill each one of you-”, Silas spoke in anger.



Qetsiiyah had left, leaving behind Bonnie and Andrea, who were now caught up in an estranged silence.

“You must be Bonnie?? Qetsiyah’s… descendant??” Andrea broke the quietness.

“Yes, but… how do you know about me??” asked Bonnie, puzzled.

“I do not intervene in most of the matters of the other side but that does not mean that I remain uninformed too. I communicate with some of the elders who tell me everything-”

“Okay…”

“Bonnie, do you know what Qetsiyah has planned for you??”

“No, absolutely not… do you??”

“Of course. I know how her mind works. We have had a … history… Qetsiyah and I. Something that we both are not very proud of but… we have worked together a couple of times”

“Worked together?? Weird… The way you two were talking it seemed quite the opposite-”

“I understand it must seem that way. But those spells couldn’t have been performed by either of us alone. We had no choice. Those spells required enormous amount of power, it required-”

“Channeling??”

“That is the contemporary terminology… but yes, channeling-”

“Well, what spells…??”

“Initially I helped her make the cure to immortality for… my son. And later, I assisted her in putting this veil up”

“But that does not explain why she shivered with fear when she first saw you here??”

“Because I am more powerful than her. I am a True Blood. Even now… even after almost two thousand years of our deaths-”

“But how?? You’re dead and dead witches do not have any power. They can do no magic here, can they??” Bonnie’s curiosity was growing. But Andrea made no attempt to answer that.

“Enough about our past”, Andrea said, “let us talk about the present. Bonnie, there is something I want you to do for me. Would you do it??”

“That depends on what it is that you want me to do”

“Oh, don’t you worry. It shouldn’t be very difficult for you… And I will return the favor… Anything you ask… Think about it. Well… I have to go now… There is someone calling me from the other side- the side of the living. His name is Jeremy… Thought you should know-”



Rebecca and Matt were still trying to adjust with the new state of affairs- the arrival of Joshua Garfield and his men, who wanted to bring Esther back from the other side.

“So what will you do Mr. Garfield??  Kill me?? Is that my mother’s orders??” asked Rebecca. She had a certain amount of pride even in mentioning about her own death. But that was obvious- she couldn’t die. Not until someone drove the indestructible stake through her heart. But that stake was somewhere safe about which only she knew. Hence she was pretty sure she wasn’t dying today or the next day when the veil was to be lowered.

“Well, no… we’re not going to kill you. But you already know that, don’t you? After all we don’t have that one stake that your mother created to wipe out your entire bloodline… and thus the bloodline of all vampires in the world-” replied Joshua.

“So she is coming back to finish what remained undone when she first visited this side… To kill us all??”

“Of course. You’re all… and I quote your mother when I say, abominations on the face of the earth. You must all die”, saying so Joshua burst into laughter; soon his men joined him.

“So what are you waiting for?? Do what you’re told to do”, spoke Matt.

“You’re Matt, aren’t you?? I am not supposed to kill you, if that’s what you’re indirectly asking. But, I will definitely take your magic ring. You’ve been cheating death for quite some time now. I don’t think the witches on the other side or this side like that anymore-”, saying so Joshua leaned to remove the ring from Matt’s finger. Matt found an opportunity and hit Joshua on the head with his own. Next, grabbing his neck, Matt offered his neck to Rebecca to feed on him.

“Feed on him, Rebecca. Fast…”, Matt told her. Rebecca was quick with her reflexes- perks of being an original vampire. At once, she went for Joshua’s carotid veins around his neck and punctured it with her sharp fangs.

“Aghhhh…”, he cried of pain. Before the other five men could grasp the situation and come to Joshua’s rescue, Rebecca had fed quite a lot of blood to make up for her lost strength.



Damon applied all his might to free his throat from Silas’ strong grasp. After quite a lot of effort, he was successful in doing so.

“Did I forget to mention that I was in disguise?? I appeared as a courier delivery boy. I fear she came a bit too close. It’s when I grabbed her and fed on her until every drop of her blood was drained out of her body. I’ve just had my lunch. So, I’m in my stronger suite now, you two thousand year old man”

“So if Joanna’s dead, it means that all her spells must have broken”, concluded Jeremy. Stefan, on realizing this fact, at once rushed to the bedroom where lay Katherine. He could now enter into the bedroom; the spell was broken after all. On reaching the bed, he knelt down to wake her up.

“Elena, wake up. Wake up, Elena-”, he kept on. Just then, his eyes caught a glance of the bump and the wound on her head. He carefully removed her hair from over the wound to observe the same.

“Oh, God… this isn’t Elena. She’s Katherine! Silas, you liar son of a bitch-” Stefan was infuriated at the realization. Elena was a vampire, all her wounds would have healed in moment’s time. This was definitely Katherine Pierce, the new human doppelganger. It was strange how destiny had played games with Katherine and Elena. About a year ago, Elena was human and Katherine was a vampire but now… Destiny had switched their places.

“Ow… ahhhh… Stef….Stefan, is that you?? Whe… where am I??” Katherine moaned as she began gaining her senses back.

Stefan didn’t bother to reply. On the contrary, he stood up and was about to leave when Katherine held his hand.

“Aah, my head!! It hurts… really bad. I… I think I might have a concussion…”

“You know what, Katherine. I am genuinely not interested-”

“Stop, please… Don’t go. Help me-”

“Help you?? Help you why?? So that you could keep on messing with our lives. You’re a real bitch, Katherine… a selfish, manipulative bitch… But you already know that about yourself, don’t you?” Stefan’s rage was rising with every passing minute. He threw away Katherine’s hand and raced to the door. Hardly, had he stepped out of the door when Katherine called,

“I could take you to Elena-” Stefan stopped and turned to glance at her.

“You’re bluffing”, he said confidently.

“No, no, no… I’m not bluffing. I’ll tell you everything. Please, hear me out once-”, Katherine begged.

“Go on…”

“I have been working with Silas all this time because he had promised that he’d protect me from my enemies in Mystic Falls. I’m human now, Stefan. I neeeed protection”

“Yeah well… You shouldn’t have stayed in Mystic Falls then, knowing everyone here wants you dead. Why’d you stay?”

“I didn’t want to stay. In fact, the moment I realized I was a fragile human, I was leaving this town but then Lucy showed up-”

“Lucy?? As in the witch who helped you get the moonstone??”

“She helped you get the moonstone. And then you and Damon had me locked up in that tomb, remember?? But, yes.. the same Lucy. She’s Bonnie’s cousin aka a Bennett witch”

“And why’d she come to Mystic Falls?”

“She and some witches from Haiti are trying to do a spell to lower the veil and to bring Qetsiyah to this side… So that Qetsiyah could kill Silas”

“And??”

“And to do that spell, they need doppelganger blood or doppelganger sacrifice to be specific… Elena wasn’t around. She was somewhere… hooking up with Damon”, saying so Katherine looked into Stefan’s eyes to see how he felt about it. But Stefan didn’t give her the contentment.

“So you agreed to sacrifice yourself?? No, I don’t think I believe that, Katherine”

“I didn’t agree to sacrifice myself. I can never agree to something like that. I love myself, Stefan. But, Lucy promised me that she wouldn’t let me die. She said that she would find a way to keep me alive. And it’s not just that. She told me she would grant me Silas-like immortality which Bonnie refused me earlier... I hear Bonnie’s dead?? May she rest in… hell-”

“And you actually think that Lucy wouldn’t do what Bonnie did? Katherine, are you really that dumb or is it the cure that has turned you into a dumb human??

“I’m not dumb, Stefan. I’m Katherine Pierce. I’m a survivor. Of course, I didn’t believe Lucy. That is why I’ve been staying hidden from those witches while they were out hunting for a doppelganger… until yesterday when their hunt stopped suddenly. Think about it, Stefan. They need a doppelganger for the spell and they’ve stopped looking for me now… Tomorrow’s the full moon when they are planning to lower the veil, now why do you think they stopped??”

“Wait… how do you know they stopped hunting for you… for a doppelganger??”

Katherine took out her cell phone from her purse and read out a message from her inbox. The message was a day old and it was sent by Lucy. Katherine read the message aloud:

“No longer need your help, bitch. Found a way out with the spell. You could forget your immortality now… blah blah”

Stefan thought for a while and understood what Katherine was trying to say.

“So they’ve found another way… another doppelganger. Oh God, they have Elena-”

“And she is going to die… unless I help you”

“But how will you help me?? You have no idea where she is”

“But I know where they’re going to do the spell… duh…and it’s not at the centre of the expression triangle if that’s what you’re thinking”

“And what do you want in return for this favor??”

“The only thing I’ve been wanting lately… Protection. I don’t trust the witches and I don’t trust Silas anymore, especially after what he did to me... Jesus, my head still hurts. I am guessing Silas might kill me eventually… so, Stefan… do we have a deal??”





Back in the other room, Jeremy had been shouting,

“Silas, stop. ‘cause if you don’t, you’re not getting the cure… I am not talking to your mother”

“I already told you, hunter. You didn’t hear me the first time?? I repeat, the deal is off-”, Silas grabbed Damon again and this time Damon couldn’t help himself out. Silas tossed him into the air. Damon hit the wall and came crashing down to the ground. Just then, Stefan entered the room.

“Stop… both of you…”, he said, “Silas, you lied to us… That was Katherine you showed us. That’s why you had the room spelled, hadn’t you? So that we could not observe closely. You thought you could show us Katherine and fool us into believing that she was Elena??”

“But it worked, didn’t it?? You two were fooled until this… Damon showed up. But that doesn’t matter anymore because now, I’m going to kill all three of you-”

“Don’t waste your energy, Silas. Katherine’s gone now and Jeremy’s not gonna talk to your mother. In other words, you’ve lost your shot at getting the cure to immortality. Besides, your dead girlfriend’s sister, Qetsiyah is coming to this side to kill you. So here’s a deal I’m offering you- You help us get Elena back by stopping Qetsiyah from visiting this side and we will help you talk to your mother, get the cure and die a peaceful death to reunite with your one true love, Moira. Whatsay?? Do we have a deal??”

Silas was baffled by the sudden turn of events. Even with his immortality and strength, he seemed powerless now. There was absolute silence for a couple of minutes. Damon and Silas were staring at each other in utmost rage like two ferocious beasts, ready to kill each other.

Jeremy finally broke the silence,

“Guys, Someone else is here with us. Silas, it’s your mother… Queen Andrea-”


Read Episode 12: REUNION- When The Veil Goes Down"

No comments:

Post a Comment